Metals Registration Program
Note to TXDPS Metal Recycling Entity Returning Users.
Due to changes in the Statute and Administrative Rules, the process for registering
or renewing as a Metal Recycling Entity (MRE) has changed. Your current certificate
will be expiring in the near future. You have been notified via email showing your
new expiration date.
How will this affect me?
How does this affect my transaction reporting?
- Submit new online application (New User Signup)
- Pay required fee(s) (Fee Table)
- TxDPS will conduct a background check on Business Owner(s)
- After TxDPS approval, a new certificate will be issued for each location. The new
certificate will be valid for 2 years.
- Email notifications will be sent regarding the application status. Emails will be
sent directly to you.
- You will not be required to set up a new account.
- Continue reporting transactions using your existing certificate number until it
expires or the new certificate is issued.
- All of your current users will still be able to access your account.