Metals Registration Application Instructions
Already have a TxDPS Metals Registration Account?
add additional users,
access the Metals Registration Program website.
New User Sign Up
To apply for a Metals Registration account the following requirements must be met.
- Required Ownership Document.
- Business Owner(s) must not have a disqualifying criminal history record.
- A valid e-mail address
- A valid credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express)
- Metal Recycling Entity location(s) of business and contact information.
- Location permits (if any) issued by the city and county in which business is conducted.
- Information (including Driver's License and Date of Birth) on all
Business Owner(s) listed in the Required Ownership Document and
Statutory Agents in the organization.
Sec. 559.003. RIGHT TO NOTICE ABOUT CERTAIN INFORMATION LAWS AND PRACTICES.
(a) Each state governmental body that collects information about an individual by
means of a form that the individual completes and files with the governmental body
in a paper format or in an electronic format on an Internet site shall prominently
state, on the paper form and prominently post on the Internet site in connection
with the electronic form, that:
- with few exceptions, the individual is entitled on request to be informed about
the information that the state governmental body collects about the individual;
- under Sections 552.021 and 552.023 of the Government Code, the individual is entitled
to receive and review the information; and
- under Section 559.004 of the Government Code, the individual is entitled to have
the state governmental body correct information about the individual that is incorrect.
(b) Each state governmental body that collects information about an individual by
means of an Internet site or that collects information about the computer network
location or identity of a user of the Internet site shall prominently post on the
Internet site what information is being collected through the site about the individual
or about the computer network location or identity of a user of the site, including
what information is being collected by means that are not obvious.
Found at: http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/docs/GV/htm/GV.559.htm